Thursday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending …
– The seedings for the 2018 World Cup finals draw can now be confirmed after Peru booked the 32nd and last place at next summer's tournament in Russia.
– Alexis Sanchez and Gareth Bale headline a host of big names who will be absent from next summer's World Cup after their countries failed to qualify.
ITALY: Gian Piero Ventura has been sacked as coach of Italy after failing to guide them to next summer's World Cup, the Italian Football Federation has announced.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo has made his comeback after 209 days out injured.
– Marouane Fellaini will not be sold in January even if that means Manchester United lose the midfielder on a free transfer in the summer, sources have told ESPN FC.
BELGIUM: Romelu Lukaku will have to wait to become his country's all-time top goal scorer — despite Belgium already proclaiming him to be the record holder.
– Belgium's friendly game against with Japan in Bruges on Wednesday was almost called off due to a terrorist threat.
– Clint Dempsey has signed a new contract with the Seattle Sounders, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.